2017 was a big year for hair transplants and celebs going public on whole experience. There was a time when a transplant was a private matter and the basis of conjecture, but now stars are falling over themselves to open up about the whole process.
Some of those who went public in 2017
- James Nesbitt. He didn’t get cold feet when it came to opting for the procedure. Totally satisfied with the results he attributes getting his confidence levels up and career back on track to a successful transplant.
- Wayne Rooney. Hardly a year goes by without the Everton and ex England international having a transplant. He’s clearly happy to talk about it to the press though given all the publicity he’s had. Let’s just say it’s better coverage for Wayne than some of his other off pitch activities.
- Never one to shy away from publicity the Big Brother star Calum Best was all over the press earlier in the year as he told the world about the third of his transplants and the £25,000 he’s spent to get just the look he wants.
- Gareth Gates crowning glory has been disappearing for years, along with his confidence apparently so it was great to see him back in full force in October this year, proudly exhibiting the results of his successful transplant.
- Joe Swash didn’t go public technically. It was actually his girlfriend Stacey Solomon who opened up about his procedure on Loose Women. Apparently, Joe wasn’t too impressed about the slip. More a question of loose tongues than loose women.
The fact is that hair transplants have come on leaps and bounds in the last couple of decades with improvements in technology and techniques. Combine this with the warts and trend for reality TV and we can expect that 2018 will have at least as many celebrity hair transplant stories.