More people are turning to surgery to enhance their eyelashes and eyebrows according to new statistics from the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS).

Hair transplant surgery for the face has increased 14.2% from 2008-2010 with the emphasis on thickening the appearance of the hairs around the eyes and brows. Men and women often find with age, or from an accident they can often be left with scarring or thinning of the hairs in their face. There are cosmetic treatments available at salons, but most only work for a few weeks and are ineffective on a long-term basis. According to Local expert Robert Leonard, MD “An accident, injury, or simple genetics can lead to hair loss in very visible areas of the body other than the scalp,” “This can make someone self-conscious in both their personal and professional life. But, thanks to continued advancements in hair restoration surgery, hair loss can be corrected on almost any spot on the body.” Overall, 92.8% of hair transplant procedures performed worldwide in 2010 were on the scalp, while the remaining 7.2% targeted non-scalp areas of the body, including the eyebrows (4.4%), face/moustache/beard (1.5%) and eyelash (0.6%) areas. 0.7% of procedures were performed on other areas.



By Damien


Free USA Consultation

  • By pressing the submit button, you consent to HIS Hair Clinic / Bosley using automated technology to contact you at the numbers provided and you agree to both terms of service. Otherwise, call us at 1-855-447-4247 to request your FREE information kit or to schedule your FREE no-obligation consultation.
  • Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY