THERE’S ONLY ONE REAL CHOICE WHEN LOOKING FOR A SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION TRAINING PROVIDER
To get trained by The SMP Academy
We’re at the forefront of the SMP sector and our dedicated training company, The SMP Academy, will open the door to a new business or revenue stream that will transform your financial future in 2019.
Here are 5 reasons why you should get trained with The SMP Academy:
- We invented it.
Fifteen years ago, Ian and Ranbir invented the SMP process. Ian was their first client and they continue to be pioneering leaders in the field. Despite the huge growth of the HisHair brand and dominating an entire industry, they’re still obsessed with their business, working directly with clients and students every day of the week. You’ll meet them when you come for your training.
- We’ve done more SMP treatment than any other company.
We’re still the global leader in SMP treatments. With branches all over the world, we’ve helped tens of thousands of men regain their confidence with a uniquely fresh and contemporary look that has transformed their lives.
- Our training package is the best in the market – AND THE BEST VALUE.
The SMP Academy training represents a quality kitemark that will enhance your career. The course comprises of an industry-beating 50-hour online training system which you can complete at home and culminates with up to five days of live training in one of our clinics. We’ll give you the skills and the confidence to hit the ground running as a top flight SMP practitioner.
- We are the ONLY training provider that can offer a nationally recognised training qualification.
We’re the only SMP trainer that offers an in-house nationally recognised Level 4 training qualification. This qualification marks you out as a top-level practitioner and gives potential clients the confidence to choose you over the competition.
- We don’t just train you, we wrap a business around you.
The training is just the beginning of your journey. When you successfully complete your training with The SMP Academy we continue to support you long after you have left. We provide you with a link to one of our popular directories and we also build you a website so that you can promote your work. We’re on hand to provide support and advice whenever you need it.
TAKE ONE SIMPLE STEP THAT CAN LEAD YOU TO A NEW FUTURE
Contact us through the form below and one of our team will be in touch to discuss our training package in more detail.
WHAT MAKES OUR SMP TRAINING DIFFERENT FROM THE COMPETITION
We are passionate about SMP training and ensure that everyone who joins The SMP Academy receives the very best experience with all the tools they need to become a confident and skilled SMP practitioner. Not only do we offer in-house, one-on-one training with our highly experienced trainers, we have also created an online training course which takes you through every aspect of the training programme, accompanied by an in-depth course booklet.
We know that ongoing support is really essential and our online training course is available for a year afterwards so you can take a refresher at any point. We’re also a successful working clinic so you’re welcome to return and shadow our practitioners if required.
Take a look at this video which gives a bit more information on what you can expect from our exciting new training course:
Each candidate will receive a training pack via post. This will contain the manual for the course and is essential for the induction week of training, which takes place after the online course has been completed. Tasks in the online course range from online assessments which are to be emailed to the examiner to demonstration videos and end of module tests.
Your experience is not essential for this course, whether you are a tattoo artist, a permanent make-up artist or a complete novice we will give you all the training you need to become a successful Scalp MicroPigmentation practitioner.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE QUALIFICATION
This qualification aims to help the SMP® practitioner to:
- Discuss hair loss with clients
- Undertake a range of SMP® techniques to meet client expectations and needs
- Complete treatments observing health and safety at all times
The objectives of the qualification are to help the SMP® practitioner to:
- Undertake client consultations
- Prepare treatment rooms correctly
- Set up SMP® equipment correctly
- Assess clients hair loss, hair systems and scarring
- Raise awareness of different skin types, diseases and infections
- Complete all the necessary documentation for treatments
- Ensure all client expectations and needs are met including client health and safety
- Observe personal health and safety throughout client treatments
- Manage clients throughout treatments
- Draw hairlines and side profiles to meet clients expectations
- Complete SMP® treatments on a range of clients
- Discuss short- and long-term aftercare with clients
- Ensure that treatment room and equipment meets HIS deep clean policy