By now you must have heard of Movember where men grow a full beard or moustache during November from a clean shaven start. The foundation who established and run it aim to help bring awareness about men’s health as well as raising funds. It’s a fact that on average men live six years less than women so there’s some way to go to get men talking about some of the more embarrassing conditions that can prove life threatening.
This year the Move for Movember campaign aims to do more that just encourage men to grow a beard or moustache it’s about doing something practical to actually help with your own health whilst raising funds. A whole range of sponsored events are taking place around the country to help raise money. All you have to do is walk, run, swim or cycle to get involved. Below is a list of some of the great events:
- Big Lebowski Launch Party – whilst this is more about the facial furniture than getting fit it’s a great way to kick off Movember at Queens skate dine bowl in London on 31st The only catch is you have to come dressed as the Dude himself
- If you live in Wales and want to take part then make sure you keep the 12 November free as the MoRunning event starts at 10:15 on 12th November at Bute Park.
- Why not sponsor the Gym Group from Bristol who are cycling the equivalent distance from London to Paris – 245 miles throughout the whole month?
- If you’re Scottish and feel like a decent challenge then the Edinburgh Men’s 10K might be the one for you on the 5th November at 9am starting from the Royal Mile.
- Finally for those who really know how to push themselves to their limits there’s the Three Peaks Challenge on 11th November with the Keele Crusaders. Nevis, Snowdon and Scafell pike in 24hours!
Whatever way you get involved it’s a worthy cause so why not join in with the fun and feel good at the same time.