Today sees the start of the tenth International Men’s Health Week (IMHW), which always begins on the Monday before Father’s Day.
The overall aims of IMHW are to:
- Heighten awareness of preventable health problems for males of all ages
- Support men and boys to engage in healthier lifestyle choices / activities
- Encourage the early detection and treatment of health difficulties in males
- Engage behaviour influencers (especially partners and family members) to support men in being proactive about their health and lifestyle
- Empower men in disadvantaged and vulnerable groups to adopt healthy behaviours, to consider regular health screening and to use of other available health services
- Support local and nationwide service providers and voluntary groups with resources and tools to promote better male health
IMHW gives everyone an opportunity to encourage men and boys to take better care of their health and to seek help or treatment at an early stage.
You can also organise and attend events up and down the country to raise money for men’s health charities.
For more information on IMHW, how to create an event or to donate money visit the IMHW website.